We are supporting XR Games as they search for an experienced Environment Artist who can create complicated terrains and landscapes for one of their biggest upcoming projects.
The studio are a multi award-winning game development studio that specialises in immersive VR games. Since 2020, their team has grown from 20 full-time members to almost 100 by the close of 2022, with successful previous projects such as Zombieland: Headshot Fever and Angry Birds Under Pressure.
- Create, compose, light, and implement diverse environments
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure visual standards, technical requirements, and best practices are maintained
- Mentor and guide other Artists and provide regular feedback
- 2+ years of games studio, with a portfolio of commercially released work
- High proficiency in industry standard software such as 3DS Max/Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter/Designer and the ability to quickly learn new tools as appropriate
- Proven ability to work across different visual styles
- Great attention to detail and aesthetics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas visually and verbally Highly motivated and pro-active
- Demonstratable solid knowledge of techniques to author complicated terrain is a bonus
Hybrid working at XR Games is standard, and XR will provide financially assistance should you need to relocate to facilitate hybrid working. The studio has a history of full-scale development from concept through to submission, working with partners such as Sony Pictures VR, Meta, and Rovio Entertainment.