Hybrid Options, Flexible Locations
Rebellion - Oxford, UK
We’re working with Rebellion to find an experienced Technical Artist to join their team and push the quality and efficiencies of their art pipelines. You will be working on a variety of projects and will liaise across departments to ensure that technical art supports the creative direction of the projects whilst maintaining technical realities.
Your role as a Technical Artist will be to design and implement solutions and tools to support the studio’s art asset pipeline, participate in creating technical art features and implement them within their proprietary engine.
You’ll also work with artists and programmers to create 3D art and bring it to life in the engine, review creative processes and identify opportunities for improvements to ensure their games are progressive and in line with the direction of industry standards.
You will have a focus on identifying problem areas of the content creation pipeline and provide tools-based solutions to support the development of their AAA games. This is a real opportunity to influence the technical art of Rebellion’s future projects.
As a Technical Artist your responsibilities will also include…
- Improve and expand the existing Python library of tools used by the art teams
- Design and implement new pipeline and optimisation tools to aide content creation
- Identify inefficiencies in the art creation pipeline and provide solutions
- Maintain and improve technical documentation and tutorials around tools
- Identify assets and areas for optimisation through performance profiling
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- A desire to automate the repetitive coupled with modular problem solving
- An understanding of how to create real-time assets
- Creation of tools that highlight user-centric design principles
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback to improve the UI/UX of tools
- Professional experience building object-oriented Python tools for DCCs or game engines
- Strong understanding of UI/UX and designing tools suited to the target user
- Experience with Maya, Blender or 3DS Max
- Solid grasp of runtime performance costs and how to optimise content
- Good understanding of art creation pipelines and workflows
- Experience tooling for procedural content creation packages
- Experience with Adobe Substance Automation Toolkit
Rebellion is proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere and as a big indie developer, complete with stability and an ability to scale they have complete creative freedom over their projects, allowing for a massive variety across all the major platforms.
The studio fosters an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, express your creativity and where you will discover you’re supported to be the best at what you do.
With Rebellion operating across multiple UK locations there is flexibility in choosing a location that suits you or opt for a hybrid working model.
In addition, Rebellion offers an extensive benefits package to their team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including Dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program including a range of mental health and wellbeing support
- A wide range of discounts, freebies, and regular social events!
To apply for this role or to find out more about the position, the studio and their working culture contact Liam Hollinshead at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.